1. Simple and Inexpensive Toilet Cleaning Tip: VinegarPlain distilled vinegar is an effective toilet handle cleaner, too. For stains that are higher than the water reaches, soak some paper towels in vinegar and place them on the stain for a few hours. Remember to remove the paper towels from the bowl… Don’t flush them!
2. Clean the Siphon Jets Under the Toilet Rim
Boraxo form a wonderful toilet cleaning foam, and you can use a toothbrush to really get up under the rim to buff and clean the siphon jets.
Siphon jets are the small holes under the rim of the toilet where water comes out of when you flush it. These siphon jets can really tough to get clean using just your toilet brush, so it’s a good idea to do a deep clean at least once a year to keep your bathroom fresh and clean..
3. Don’t Neglect Your Toilet Bowl Brush
Don’t neglect your toilet bowl brush. Pour some all-purpose cleaner into your brush holder to keep it clean and sanitized between uses.
4.Don’t Forget to Clean Under the Seat Joints
We often neglect to remove the seat to clean around the toilet seat joints fixtures. Here’s what could be hiding there, which may be causing an unpleasant urine odor, especially if you have boys in your house. This is a great task to add to our yearly spring cleaning list as you may need to get your tools out for this one.
If this hasn’t been done in a while and you are horrified by what you find, don’t fear! Toilet seats are really inexpensive to replace.
5. Baking Soda is a Cleaning BOMB!
Make your own toilet bombs with baking soda, citric acid, and 3 essential oils: lavender, peppermint, and lemon.
Mix everything together and then mold in ice cube trays. Once they have hardened you can store them in a ziplock bag.
6. Grapefruit + Salt = Heavy duty Spot Cleaner!
If your bathroom is very dirty you may need to use both sides of the grapefruit. To take advantage of this toilet cleaning hack, make sure you lift up the grapefruit to grab new salt from the rim f
or maximum effectiveness. You can squeeze out some extra juice from the grapefruit for the stains, and you can use the grind of the grapefruit to scrub out any tough spots.
Leave a comment